Oxford Art Online
Need a clear definition of an art movement or media? From Baroque to Minimalism, aquatint to raku, canvas to Venetian glass, Oxford Art Online's Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms provides succinct and accessible explanations of art terms.
Interested in aesthetics? From Plato to Heidegger, Romanticism to Post-Modernism, Beauty to Ugliness, Oxford Art Online's Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, is an authoritative source providing coverage of historical accounts and critical discussions on the topic. Featuring more than 600 articles by more than 500 globally recognized art historians, philosophers, and theorists, you will surely find what you need.
Explore our Oxford Art Online database today!
Oxford Art Online offers access to the most authoritative, inclusive, and easily searchable online art resources available today. Through a single, elegant gateway users can access—and simultaneously cross-search—an expanding range of Oxford’s acclaimed art reference works: Grove® Art Online, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, The Oxford Companion to Western Art, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, as well as many specially commissioned articles and bibliographies available exclusively online.
Oxford Art Online Key Features Include:
• Interface provides clear and easy access to exceptional content
• Powerful search engine and platform to support sophisticated functionality
• User-friendly navigation and intuitive handling of long articles and chapters
• Refine searches by source, type, and subject
• View articles and searches by source
• Print-friendly format
• OpenURL compliance allows users to query their library catalogue with bibliographic information
Read more about resources available through Oxford Art Online:
Grove Art Online
Benezit Dictionary of Artists
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms
Encyclopedia of Aesthetics
The Oxford Companion to Western Art
Have a question about how to use Oxford Art Online? Ask a librarian! We're here to help you!